Payment and Delivery
1. Subject Matters and Conclusion of Contracts
(1) The Seller offers Customers high-quality jewellery for purchase in its online shop. The Seller’s offers are directed exclusively at Customers in the European Union.
(2) Prices quoted in the online shop do not constitute an offer within the meaning of the law, but an invitation to submit an offer (invitatio ad offerendum). Prior to submitting a binding order in the online shop by clicking the button “zahlungspflichtig bestellen”, the Customer is able to continuously correct all inputs by means of the customary touch screen, keyboard and mouse functions. In addition, all inputs are displayed again in a confirmation window prior to the submission of the binding order and can be corrected there again by means of the customary keyboard and mouse functions or touch screen.
(3) The purchase contract is concluded in the online shop as follows:
a) If a Customer has chosen the payment method “PayPal” or “PayPal Express”, the purchase contract comes into effect at the time of confirmation of the payment order to PayPal.
b) If a Customer has chosen the payment method “credit card”, the contract is concluded at the time of the credit card debit.
c) In all other cases, the purchase contract is concluded upon acceptance of the Customer’s order by the Seller. The Seller is entitled to accept the offer that has been submitted in the form of the order within 2 days by dispatching an order confirmation. Receipt and acceptance of the order will be confirmed by email to the Customer.
(4) Together with the confirmation of the order, the Seller will send the Customer the text of the contract as well as these General Business Conditions and the Information on the Right to Return purchased Goods.
(5) In addition, a Customer has the possibility to ask the Seller by telephone, e-mail, fax or letter about a specific item. After receipt of the enquiry, the Seller will make an offer to the Customer by email, telefax or letter. A contract is concluded only, when the Customer accepts this offer.
2. Prices, VAT and Payment
(1) The prices that have been agreed in the online shop upon apply. Prices include VAT at the relevant legal rate.
(2) The Seller makes delivery to the Customer against advance payment (PayPal, Pay Pal Express, credit card), unless otherwise agreed in the individual case.
(3) Payment is due at the latest one week after conclusion of the contract.
(5) If a Customer defaults on its payment obligations, the Seller is entitled to demand damages in accordance with the statutory provisions.
(6) The Seller will always issue an invoice to the Customer, which is handed over to the Customer upon delivery of the goods or otherwise sent to him/her in written form.
3. Delivery and Passing of the Risk
(1) The ordered goods are delivered to the address specified by the Customer, unless otherwise contractually agreed upon. Delivery shall be made exclusively to addresses in the countries specified in Section 2 (1) of these General Business Conditions. Delivery is made from the Seller’s warehouse. Dispatch is free of charge.
(2) The availability of the individual goods is indicated in the article descriptions. For goods in stock, the delivery period shall be 7 calendar days from the conclusion of the contract, unless otherwise stated in the item description, in the case of advance payment, within 7 calendar days after payment order by the Customer. For goods not in stock, the delivery time is 4-6 weeks from conclusion of contract, unless otherwise stated in the item description.
(3) The Seller reserves the right to release himself from the obligation to fulfil the contract if the goods are to be delivered by a supplier on the day of delivery and delivery is not made in whole or in part. This self-delivery reservation shall only apply if the Seller is not responsible for the failure to deliver. The Seller shall not be responsible for the failure to perform if a so-called congruent covering transaction was concluded in good time with the supplier in order to fulfil the contractual obligations. If the goods are not delivered, the Seller will inform the Customer immediately about this circumstance and refund an already paid purchase price as well as shipping costs.
(4) The Seller reserves the right to make partial delivery, if this is considered expedient for prompt delivery and partial delivery is not exceptionally unreasonable for the Customer. Additional costs resulting from partial deliveries will not be charged to the Customer.
(5) The risk of accidental perishing and of accidental deterioration of the goods passes to the Customer when the goods are handed over to the Customer. If the Customer is an entrepreneur, the risk of accidental perishing and accidental deterioration of the goods and the risk of delay shall, in the case of a sale by delivery to a place other than the place of performance (“Versendungskauf”), pass already at the time of delivery of the goods to the forwarding agent, the freight carrier or the person otherwise entrusted with the performance of the dispatch.
Last amended on May 2019